- Monday is pasta night; we can vary the sauces or toppings
- Taco Tuesday. I may also put together freezer taco kits to make future weeks really easy. Cheater chilaquiles will surely appear as an occasional substitute.
- Wednesday we have breakfast for dinner (pancakes, waffles, eggs, or maybe even cereal if things get really crazy)
- Thursday leftovers or bagel sandwiches
- Friday frozen pizza or something made ahead and frozen
- Crock pot Saturday
- Sunday I’m leaving open for whatever I feel like cooking and I’ll try to cook ahead some things for the week’s lunches or suppers
I’m also keeping a list of standard food items (cheese, crackers, baked beans, frozen berries, dried fruit, etc.) we can have around for when the plan goes awry or we just don’t feel like it.
Getting local produce from the farmers market is as basic as it gets to me, so we will take full advantage of the remaining few weeks of the outdoor farmers market. If your CSA has a market pick-up location or market share option (prepaid shopping cards for your choice of veggies from the stand), you can stock up on veggies and buy local cheese, meat, syrup, or other items while you are there. Next on my list is to use some of this year’s frozen berries in sauces and recipes and, girl, dye some yarn – there’s too many non-edible plant things in the freezer!